Saturday, February 12, 2011

wellness center miracle

I don't know exactly what day this was. Sometime early in February. I was at the wellness center reading. I had just these verses in Mark...

"In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, 'Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!'
'Have faith in God,'
Jesus answered. 'Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.'"
-Mark 11:20-25

After this I went over to lift weights. They were playing country music. I was like, "Thank You God that it is only country music and not something worse. Please Lord just let the music be good and let it talk of You and Your glory. Let none of it be distracting as I am trying to pray. I don't want any bad songs to get stuck in my head."
After I said that, an employee walked by saying, "Sorry you had to listen to that horrible country music!"
They started playing some horrible song on the popular radio station about drinking and having one night stands. I seriously said out loud, "Noooo!!!" And I prayed to God, remembering what I had just read in the Bible, and truly believing He would hear and answer my prayer.
I said, "God. Please let there be no music. I just want to pray. Please take away the music and noise so I can just pray and focus on You. And dear Lord, if there is music, please let it be Christian music..."
I kept trying to pray while this one horrible song was on. It was hard. The music was distracting. But, suddenly, after that one song, it was silent. It was silent for a good 40 minutes. I prayed hard, thanking the Lord for answering my prayer!! It was so nice to just pray for everyone in the silence.
And then after about 40 minutes of silence, I heard something, quiet in the distance... Christian music!! It got louder. They played three songs before I left. They were still playing Christian music as I left the wellness center praising the LORD!!!

He answers prayers prayed in faith.
He really does!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment