Thursday, February 24, 2011

random Thursday thoughts

This morning God somehow allowed me to get up late, read the Bible and eat, shower and pray and praise, text and call friends, print off assignments, and make it to class on time! It doesn't make sense!

During class the weight of the world's pain and sin and refusal to turn away from ruts to God was filling me with sadness again. I kept wanting to cry. I was glad I got to vent to Kelsey after.

I looked at the grades for the Personality test. I got a 55. The highest grade. 87.5% or something (an A). It was NOT me but God. I barely studied at all. God truly helps when we have faith!!

I went to lunch and the new check out lady is always thanking me for being there for my friend who was struggling earlier this week. The lunch lady really has a huge heart! I vented to her that this week has been really hard because a lot of friends are depressed, suicidal, and not turning to God for hope and strength. She told me stories about how she's realized God is the only hope and strength. She also vented about how horrible her working conditions had been before because a mean coworker. She had been praying the coworker would be moved. The new check out lady had always always wanted the ob of check out lady, but she thought she would retire before Kise Jean. God answered her prayers in an unexpected way! She is happy! Hearing all of this brought me joy!

I enjoyed talking with others at lunch and spent the afternoon in much needed time with God.



Please pray for those who are lost. Pray for those who are turning to relationships for their comfort, strength, and hope. Pray they will realize relationships with people can't satisfy. People are going to disappoint. They are going to bring pain. They won't always be there. They can't satisfy. But God can.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."
-Psalm 121:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment