Friday, March 4, 2011

a fire deep within

"I'm thirsty, God, I'm thirsty.
From drinking what destroys me.
I'm pouring poison in my cup.

I'm hungry, God, I'm hungry.
Consuming what controls me.
Somehow it never fills me up.

We all want to find something to pass the time,
but that could never be enough.

Everybody says we're all so different,
but everybody knows we're all the same.
We're all trying to find a pill to numb the pain.
Something's got to change.

Do you remember when you
had so much hope within you?
It lingers deep inside you still.

The more of us we swallow,
the more we become hollow.
Until we don't know how to feel.

We all want to find something to satisfy,
but we could never be enough.

When everything we say and take just leads to war and hate,
we only pass the blame, sedate the pain, and move along.

But something feels so wrong, so deep inside, so hard to hide.
So desperately we try and try, and come to find that we are not what we've been loving for.

I can't believe I"m hearing people say that all is well.
I think it's time we all admit we have no good within ourselves.
'Cause we are not okay, we're not alright, and we need to pray for help.
Forgive us for our pride, Oh God, Oh God, please save us from ourselves."

-"Something's Got To Change" by Josh Wilson








We are all so broken.
With a hole only Christ can fill.
We are all the same.
All lost apart from His love.


We need each other.
We need prayer.

...

People are more broken today than ever in history.
More lost. More dead inside than ever before.
The world is more ready for a Savior than ever before.
People are seriously ready to hear His Word!!!

Our time makes a difference.
Sharing and showing His love makes a difference.
Sharing His Word makes a difference.
Our prayers make a difference.

The world is broken. Desperate. READY for Him.

God is creating a new fire within me.
A deep compassion and love for the lost.
And a burning desire in my heart to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment